The official Rails upgrading guides will usually describe their Ruby version support as X.Y or newer. In some situations, I want to verify which Ruby versions the Rails version is actually tested against e.g.
- I am upgrading an old Rails app and want to find out where the Ruby version support stops
- I am considering upgrading to a very new version of Ruby and want to verify that Rails is actually testing against it.
This is what I currently do:
- Go to https://github.com/rails/rails and find the name of the branch which corresponds to my rails version - it’ll be something like
- Find the CI page for that branch by filling the branch name into
- You can see which Ruby versions are tested in the summary of each build